Saturday, February 9, 2013

NARS "And God Created The Woman" Eye Kit

I was so intrigued to purchase this eye kit. I loved the overall color concepts, the neutral colors that can be played natural or extremely smoky, but the price was a tad expensive. Overall it comes with a sample sized primer, and a travel sized brush #3. The primer I overall like, because I tried it before around Christmas. The brush surprisingly is great quality. I'm not trying to bash on other brands, but when a brush is gifted along with a palette it is usually not impressing! The #3 brush is very similar to Mac's 252 brush, but even more dense. I can see myself using it all over the lid or even using it to blend. 




Shadow Names from Left to Right: Alhambra (a light champagne shimmery color, reminds me of All That Glitters from Mac)
Kalahari (A light soft taupe color, with a tad glitter, great for blending actually)
Bellissima (A champagne, taupe undertone, gold color, it's so gorgeous, and shimmery)
Galapagos (Rich cool brown, with subtle gold particles, it has an antique feeling to it)
Coconut Grove (One of NARS popular eyeshadow shades, a rich chocolate brown. This is the only actual matte color in this palette, which I don't mind- it is great for definition)
Night Clubbing (A intense dark cool brown, with multi-glitter particles, but in my opinion it will not show up very well on the eyes- from my past experience with NARS eyeshadows, not everyone will appreciate the formulation)


(Swatches are in order)

As you can see from the swatches, only the last three shadows are extremely pigmented. I am actually still happy with all of it though, because sometimes I actually like the light iridescent look of gentle softer shades. This is my first impression and I am looking forward to try this palette. Tutorial on it sometime soon maybe?


What are your thoughts? Will you purchase this limited edition piece to your collection? 
Overall I am happy that this is added to my collection! I had no second thoughts purchasing this because I cannot possibly allow this limited edition piece to not be in my possession, lol. $59 may seem unworthy, but you are getting six shadows, a sample primer, and a brush that will last you forever! These are just my thoughts and opinions, hehe. 

--------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment